No soda with children's meals?
“Should NH require restaurants to offer healthier drinks - not soda - with children's meals?”
Discussion held on Citizens Count NH website and Facebook page November 16, 2017
What Participants Said
No: 259 people were opposed to requiring restaurants to offer healthier drinks, not soda, with children’s meals.
- “No. It should be the parents’ decision and most restaurants offer alternatives such as water, milk, or juice.”
- “Here's an idea, stop regulating parenting. It's their responsibility to look after their children, no one else's. No.”
- “No, the free market is already doing that. Even McDonald's already offers milk and apple slices instead of soda and fries with kids meals.”
Yes: 12 people were in favor of requiring restaurants to offer healthier drinks, not soda, with children's meals.
- “Of course. Soda has no place in a child’s diet. Ever.”
- “It should be common sense. Soda sucks for kids, period.”
Other: 24 people commented on related questions and issues instead.
- Sharing personal experience: “Where I work we give healthy alternatives. You don't have to have soda.”
- Healthiness of various beverages: “Juice isn't healthy unless there's no sugar added (pretty much never the case).”
*Editor selection of actual participant quotes.